WordPress is one of the most useful tools out there when it comes to setting up your blog. It is free, easy to use, fast and boasts a set of features designed to improve the blogging experience.
Here is a brief step-by-step guide of how to use it:
- SET UP YOUR WEB HOSTING ACCOUNT: GoDaddy.co.uk will inform you for domain name availability and also provide you with a full guide to create a web hosting account.
Remember though that you can also create a free domain directly via WordPress (www.yourdomainname.wordpress.com).
- INSTALL WORDPRESS ON YOUR COMPUTER. For more details on how to manually install WordPress click the following link:
- LOGIN: after installation has been completed, visit www.yourdomainname.com/wp-login.php, fill in your login credentials and proceed to the ‘Dashboard’ page.
- MAKE CONFIGURATIONS: On the Dashboard you gain access to ‘plugins’, ‘appearance’, ‘tools’ and lots of other stuff which will help you design your blog the way you want. In ‘settings’ you can manage your account details. The Dashboard is essentially your blog’s brain. Take some time to figure it out – you will discover many interesting and useful things.
- START POSTING: On the same page go to Posts > Add New. You will be redirected to a page where you can create a post and the upload it!
Here are some other useful links:
Learn how to post comments http://www.siteground.com/tutorials/wordpress/wordpress_comments.htm
Learn how to group your posts
WordPress Developer’s page
If you want to import files old posts to your new WordPress account
And here is the complete, thorough tutorial on how to create a blog with WordPress which you can refer to for any other question you have